SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in CARPANETO PIACENTINO (PC)

Title SAN MICHELE ARCANGELO CHURCH
DescriptionIts in Montanaro, it dates back to the end of 1600 beginning of 1700. Its visible from the entrance hall; to enter, call +39.0523.852550The church can be visited from 10.00 am to 11.00 am
AddressFrazione Montanaro - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title SAN PROSPERO CHURCH
DescriptionThe church dates back to the 17th-18th century
Addressloc. Zena - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title SANTI MARTIRI FERMO AND RUSTICO PARISH CHURCH
DescriptionIt's dedicated to the martyr saints Fermo and Rustico, and it's got ancient origins, previous to the year 1000, as witnessed by the Longobardic parchments kept in Piacenza's Cathedral. According to them, in the 9th century Carpaneto was Episcopal...
AddressVia Papa Giovanni XXIII, - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title SCOTTI PALACE
DescriptionImposing building in the town centre, next to the church. In the past it was a solid castle, probably built upon a former roman castrum. In the first centuries after the year 1000 it was destroyed and rebuilt several times, in 1500 it became Pier...
AddressPiazza XX Settembre, 1 - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title TRAVAZZANO CASTLE
DescriptionKnown as Trabacianum, the fortress was first mentioned in the 11th century, when it sheltered a nobleman run away from town. Up to the first decade ol 1900 Travazzano was also summer residence of Piacenza's Bishop.The castle has the traditional...
AddressStrada per Magnano - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title CERRETO LANDI CASTLE
DescriptionFirst evidence dates back to 1385. The square plan fortress architectural structure is supplied with a drawbridge, which confirms its control function of a communication net connecting Piacenzas hills to Via Emilia. In the donjons wall the...
Addressloc. Cerreto Landi di Carpaneto, - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title REZZANO CASTLE
DescriptionThe castle, around the year 1000, belonged to Piacenzas Bishop, Sigifredo, who gave it to San Savino's abbot. The building, partially used as private house, partially as rural edifice, has been put under protection in compliance with law n.1089 -...
Addressloc. Rezzano di Carpaneto, - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title CELLERI CASTLE
DescriptionIn Piacenza's chronicles Celleri castle is recalled as one of the several fortresses where the Guelphs retreated when they were driven out of their town by their rivals. In the 19th century the former fortress was radically modified and transformed...
AddressLoc. Celleri di Carpaneto - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title ZENA CASTLE
DescriptionThe foundation date of Zena Castle is unknown. The fortress still preserves the castle architectural characteristics of the structure, which has a square design: one of the four buildings was demolished in the 18th century. The western side, where...
AddressStrada Provinciale, 80 - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title MASANA CASTLE
DescriptionThe building recalls an anecdote regarding Piacenzas bishop, Mons. Antonio Ranza: in May 1860 he retreated in Travazzano Castle, in order not to be obliged to celebrate solennial religious rites for Vittorio Emanuele 2nd's visit to Piacenza;...
AddressLoc. Masana di Carpaneto - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title CIRIANO CASTLE
DescriptionAmong the archive documents concerning the building, the notarial deed dated 1445 is very important. In this document the notary Daniele Soprano, summoned as arbitrator in the division of the fortune belonged to the late Giovanni Bracciaforti, gave...
Addressloc. Ciriano di Carpaneto, - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title MAGNANO CASTLE
DescriptionThe original complex, having an irregular trapezoidal plan, is made of stone, due to the uneven hill upon which it rises. The residential building is right against the walls, a side of which is surrounded by two towers, a square one in slanting...
AddressLoc. Magnano di Carpaneto, 29013 - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)

Title WAR MEMORIAL
DescriptionCarpaneto was one of the first municipalities to build a war memorial. The design, with the contribution of king Vittorio Emanuele 3rd, was by the architect prof. Ottorino Romagnosi. The monument was inaugurated in 1921.
AddressViale Vittoria - Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)