SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in CARPINETI (RE)

Title Abbey Seminary of Marola
DescriptionAccording to some the foundation of the Church, by countess Matilde of Canossa, dates back to the years between 1076 and 1092, with consecration in 1102 – 1106 and construction of the monastery in a period prior to 1101. Starting from the pastoral visits at the end of the 1500’s there are ...
AddressVia Seminario - Marola - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of San Vito
DescriptionThe church of San Vito “in loco Onfiano” (in the place called Onfiano) which in 1302 was amongst the churches dependent on the San Vitale parish of Carpineti, is mentioned in a chart of 1065 in the Archives of the Reggio Emilia Cathedral and is mentioned again among those subject to the ...
AddressOnfiano - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title The church in San Donnino
DescriptionThe church of San Donnino of Tresinaro has been nominated since 1191. In the Tithes of 1302 it was named as being dependent n the S. Vitale Parish. According to tradition the church is amongst those erected by wish Matilde di Canossa. The collapse of the bell tower, which happened in 1596, ...
AddressCa' del Merlo - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of Santa Maria Assunta of Pontone - Carpineti
DescriptionThe church of Santa Maria Maddalena, mentioned in a bull of the Marola abbey in 1240, appears consecrated in 1191. In 1302 the church of Santa Maria Maddalena is among those dependent on the S. Vitale Parish of Carpineti. In 1543 the church, due to serious disorder, was united to the one of ...
AddressPontone - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of Sant' Andrea Carpineti
DescriptionThe founding of the Sant’ Andrea church would appear to date back to the period of construction of the Carpineti castle. It was consecrated on September 20th 1117 as arranged by Bishop Bonseniore. It was dependent on the San Vitale Parish to which it was still subject in 1709. In 1543 it ...
AddressCarpineti - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of San Martino of Marola
DescriptionThe church of San Martino rises immediately to the east of Pantano. According to tradition the original building of the church was located on Mt Caudù. In 1302 it resulted as being dependent on the San Vitale parish. In 1538 the “sine cura” church of San Margherita was united to it, perhaps ...
AddressVia Pantano, 3 - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title The church of Saint Peter in Savognatica
DescriptionThe chapel of San Pietro of Savognatica is mentioned in a document of 1240. The church in 1538 resulted as being joined to the country church of S. Vitale of Carpineti. In 1709 it is described as having a reinforced nave with three altars and facing south. The church rises on a knoll west of ...
AddressSavognatica - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title The church of Bebbio
DescriptionThe church of S. Paolo, reconstructed between 1664 and 1675, in the tithes of the year 1318 is cited as dependent on the S. Vitale Parish. The building is situated within the enclosure of the antique castle of which part of the wall remains and traces of the defensive systems and of ...
AddressBebbio - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Chiesa di San Prospero Carpineti
DescriptionThe antique San Prospero d’Antognano church was located in a place, which was once called “Geugeul”. It would appear that a fire in the XIII century destroyed the previous building. The “Ecclasiam San Prosperi” was donated in 1092 along with the church of S. Gregorio di Antognano, by ...
AddressStrada Matildica al Castello, 2 - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of San Pietro of Valestra
DescriptionThe church of San Pietro was included in 1302 among the churches dependent on the Parish of San Vitale in Carpineti. In 1543 it was in bad condition and needed restoration work and again in 1664. Afterwards it was restored and a rectory was added. The church is north of the village. It has a ...
AddressValestra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Church of Santa Caterina
DescriptionInformation referring to the construction date of this church is rather rare. The former building, probably not very antique, does not appear in the Register of Tithes of the XIV century amongst the churches dependent on the S. Vitale Parish. There’s mention of the Santa Caterina oratory ...
AddressSanta Caterina - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Metato of Marola - "La Casa del Pan d'Albero"
DescriptionWith the restoration of metato placed in chestnut Marola, at La Fredda, where chestnuts were dried to turn them into precious flour, Carpineti wanted to pay homage to this typical product, its history, its rituals, in order to enhance it , promote it and make it accessible. "The house of ...
AddressLa Fredda - Marola - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Carpineti
DescriptionThe arenacious massif of Valestra - Fosola and Mount Antognano define the southern border of the big open and active basin of Carpineti (whose name supposedly derives from the presence of hornbeam bushes) immersed between the Secchia river and the Tresinaro torrent. Due to this peculiar ...
Address42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Saccaggio a Pontone
DescriptionThe nucleus occupies the northern foot of Mt. Lagoforno, to the side of the scenic road which from Castel San Pietro leads to Gatta (Castelnovo ne’ Monti). The development of this center can be traced back to the 2nd half of the 12th century, period in which the church was consecrated. In ...
AddressSaccaggio a Pontone - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Poiago
DescriptionAccording to tradition the current church of San Giacomo derives from the antique oratory of the same name. The building has a façade facing east and is hut-shaped, defined by angular pilaster strips and by a superior frontispiece. The bell tower, mono-fore cell, rises next to the northern ...
AddressPoiago - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Savognatica
DescriptionThe hamlet is situated on the southern foot of Mt. Banzola. The parochial church of San Pietro was mentioned up to 1240. At the beginning of the hamlet there’s a court, which you reach through a rounded arch, located between an 18th century building with architraved fired brick entrance and ...
AddressSavognatica - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Rural complex of Colombaia
DescriptionIn the village there are a few noteworthy rustic structures. There’s a small oratory. Next to it there’s the Colombaia mill. Within the structure there are two grinders with relative wooden frame. The mill complex is made of an ancient tower house, of which the northeastern part of the ...
AddressColombaia - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Corte Manodori
DescriptionThe praiseworthy court complex includes the master’s private constructions, the oratory and a few service buildings. it’s divided into two main separate parts and at different heights. You enter through a main entrance door with rounded arch, initialed in chiave by the coat of arms of the ...
AddressValestra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Onfiano
DescriptionThe church of San Vito “in loco Onfiano” is mentioned in a document of 1065 in the archives of the Reggio Emilia Cathedral and is still named amongst those subject to the parish of Campiola in a bull of Eugene III of 1146. Amongst the buildings of the rural nucleus noteworthy is a master’s ...
AddressOnfiano - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Bebbio
DescriptionThe plan of the castle is where there is now a parochial church. the feudal palace still in existence was built in the 16th century; The S. Polo church was rebuilt between 1664 and 1675. The building is situated within the enclosure of the antique castle, of which there are still parts of ...
AddressBebbio - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Marola
DescriptionMarola, due to its landscape characteristics and its geographical position, is considered one of the pearls of the reggiano Apennines. Interesting from a landscape point f view are: Boastra, the road which leads to the “castle”, the path which leads to Cà Nova, the chestnut woods of Mt. ...
AddressMarola - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Romagnano
DescriptionThe hamlet of Romagnano rises inside a valley squeezed between Mt. S. Vitale and Uccellara. The hamlet is remarkably inserted in the environment and the buildings, distributed in a scaled fashion along the slope, fit into the landscape. The hamlet has a long history, seeing as a few of its ...
AddressRomagnano - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Riana
DescriptionThe hamlet, developed within a basin to the left of the brook of the same name, has an undifferentiated urban plan, arranged around two centers with towers. The most antique part of the hamlet presents a praiseworthy tower – house belonging to the end of the 16th century. The eastern and ...
AddressRiana - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Valestra
DescriptionThe church of San Pietro is included in 1302 as being subject to the parish of S. Vitale or Carpineti. The central part of the rural nucleus is on the border of a quadrangular piazza. Noteworthy is a compact spaced building, with upper dovecot, already belonging to the old Opera Pia. Inside a ...
AddressValestra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title The mill of walnuts - Carpineti
DescriptionIt is in a location called Mandra, on the right of the Tresinaro torrent (it has been abandoned). The building is made of juxtaposed rocks and retains inside two of the three pairs of grinders with relative wooden frames. There is also a fourth grinder, called “gròla”, which works vertically ...
AddressMandra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title La Costa Palace
DescriptionThe building, having belonged to the Silvi family, still has parts of the original structure. Particularly interesting is the entrance portal which is quite elegant and has an ogival sandstone arch, carved with diamond tipped rustication. The nucleus of the building is attributable to the ...
AddressSan Donnino - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Ovi Palace
DescriptionOvi palace is situated on a relief to the left of the Riana brook and presents itself as a very remarkable nucleus. The complex, arranged as a court, includes the elegant palace previously belonging to the Crovegli family and now to the Ovi family, an oratory dedicated to S. Lucia and ...
AddressRegigno - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Castle in Bebbio
DescriptionThe 15th century castle of Bebbio is surrounded by a garden and enclosure by battlement walls from which three cylindrical towers soar up. The existence of a fortified construction is certified by a document of 1115. Dominion of the castle passed from the Bebbi and to the Fogliani. Marquee ...
AddressBebbio - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Tower house "castle " in Pantano
DescriptionIt’s a rural complex with an articulated layout probably dating back to the XVI XVII centuries. The surface is made of stone with regular alternating angular recurrences. The central body is connected to a dovecot tower with double-weathered roof and broken linear border, there are squared ...
AddressPantano - Marola - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Castle of Carpineti
DescriptionThe natural defense offered by Mt. Antoniano, 805 mt. Tall, suggests that the origins of a former walled enclosure date back to the age of Hungarian incursions. Foundation of the castle is instead attributed to the Atto Adalberto of Canossa. From the IX century Carpineti was in fact cited in ...
AddressMonte Antoniano - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Casa a Torre a Cigarello
DescriptionThe complex is arranged around two tower houses having a squared layout and spreading over three levels with upper dovecot, ending with a four layered roof. The windows are small and sparse. The dovecots are bordered by a linear hall in relief on which three-slit window apertures are ...
AddressCigarello - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Castle of Mandra
DescriptionThe castle soars on the peak of Mt. Uccellara dominating the Tresinaro valley. What remains of the Mandra castle is the big squared tower surrounded by ruins of the wall enclosure. The existence of a fortified nucleus is attested by a “cartula Donacionis” of 1105, written in the “Castro ...
AddressMandra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Casa a Torre colombaia Orsini
Descriptionit’s a rural complex arranged around a 16th century tower. the tower has a square layout spread over three levels and an upper dovecot contoured by a broken border. The cover is four-layered with brick eave ceiling arranged in a “T” shape and saw-edged. On the eastern side of the building ...
AddressPizzarotto di Onfiano - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Molinetto fountain
DescriptionYear of Building: 1987 Executor: local volunteers Features: counterland wall and wings, made of roughly squared stone, rectangular rock basin, irregular stone slabs floor. In the central position, at the bottom there is an anthropomorphic carved stone with an inactive iron tube; from the ...
AddressMolinetto - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Obelisk in Carpienti
DescriptionThe monument is made by Verona pink marble and present on the sides of its base four golden coloured plate, on which the epigraph and the fallen names appear, while at the top of the obelisk there is a cross. The Fallen names are distinct from "1915-18 War/ Soldiers and deported men in ...
AddressMatilde di Canossa Square - 42033 Carpineti (RE)

Title Memorial stone in Valestra
DescriptionTypology: Memorial stone
AddressValestra - 42033 Carpineti (RE)