SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in CORREGGIO (RE)

Title Il Correggio Civic Museum
DescriptionThe museum is located in the Piano Nobile (Nobile Floor) of the Palazzo Principi. It houses collections of artwork and objects of considerable artistic interest originating from various churches, public properties, and the private collections of the Da Correggio family.
AddressCorso Cavour, 7 - 42015 Correggio

Title Church of Santa Chiara
DescriptionBuilt in 1666 in the Borrominian style, the church faces onto piazzetta delle Suore and can be visited.
Addresspiazzetta delle Suore - 42015 Correggio

Title Church of S. Maria della Misericordia
DescriptionAdjacent to the street that runs along the Borgovecchio quarter, the church’s origin is tied to the activity of a confraternity present in Correggio as of 1316.
Addressvia Santa Maria - 42015 Correggio

Title Church of Madonna della Rosa
DescriptionPrince Siro had erected it in 1626. It is not possible to visit it.
Addressviale della Repubblica - 42015 Correggio

Title Basilica of Saints Quirino and Michele
DescriptionThe Basilica was built on the area of the old moat between 1516 and 1587. The devotion of the Correggio populace for the cult of San Quirino, Patron Saint of the town, dates very far back in time.
Addresscorso Cavour - 42015 Correggio

Title Church of San Francesco
DescriptionIt is one of the oldest and most interesting monuments; it was built between 1467 and 1485
Addressvia Roma - 42015 Correggio

Title Church of San Giuseppe
DescriptionIn 1567 the Dominicans began the construction of the church and the adjacent convent within the town walls.
Addressvia Bernieri - 42015 Correggio

Title Town Hall
DescriptionThe building was converted to become the town hall in 1783, after having housed the Confraternity of St. Joseph Patriarch and subsequently, after 1724, the site of public schools.
Addresscorso Mazzini, 33 - 42015 Correggio

Title Istituto Bellelli
DescriptionNineteenth-century building whose façade, below the portico, holds ogive arches with fragments of tempera decorations from the 15th century.
Addresscorso Mazzini - 42015 Correggio

Title Cattini Palace (or Clock Palace)
DescriptionIn ancient times it was called “Bank of Reason”, or of “Community”, because justice was administered here.
Address

Title Correggio Art Home
DescriptionThe Correggio Home was rebuilt in 1754-55 in the same area where was the original home of the Allegri family. T
Addressvia Borgovecchio, 39 - 42015 Correggio

Title Palazzo dei Principi
DescriptionImportant Renaissance palace that was built by order of Frances from Brandenburg and completed in 1507.
Addresscorso Cavour, 7 - 42015 Correggio

Title Torrione
DescriptionBuilt in Art Nouveau style at the beginning of the 20th century, it is an interesting example of industrial archaeology.
Addressvia Carlo V - 42015 Correggio

Title Palazzo Contarelli
DescriptionBuilt in 1762, with an elegant architecture. It can be visited on request by contacting the school head office. The part of the building on Corso Mazzini is porticoed.
Addresscorso Mazzini - 42015 Correggio

Title Villa Cottafavi
DescriptionThe villa, built on commission by the Honorable Vittorio Cottafavi, is a large complex comprising the manor-house and out-buildings surrounded by garden, including structures in neo-Romantic, neo-Renaissance, and Art Nouveau styles.
Addressvia Mandriolo Superiore - 42015 Correggio

Title Villa Taparelli
DescriptionThe villa rises at the end of an avenue that crosses a broad glade delimited by two rows of Lombardy poplars.
Addressvia Carletti - 42015 Correggio

Title Asioli Theatre
DescriptionThe theatre is named for Correggio musician Bonifazio Asioli. The public theatre originated in Correggio in 1600 from the adaptation and reorganisation of the rooms of Palazzo Vecchio, prior residence of Nicolò da Correggio.
Addresscorso Cavour, 9 - 42015 Correggio

Title Bell Tower of the Basilica di SanQuirino
DescriptionThe tower is the only remaining bulwark of the old castle of Correggio (14th century), now adapted as the bell tower of the Basilica of San Quirino.
Addresscorso Cavour - 42015 Correggio

Title Fortress
DescriptionThe Fortress, after restoration work, is now part of A.I.G. (International Youth Hostels Association).
Addresscorso Cavour, 19 - 42015 Correggio

Title Piazza Mazzini and Corso Mazzini
DescriptionPiazza Mazzini has always been the main square of Correggio, a meeting place for townspeople, with cafés, shops, and the pedestrian walkway along the street of the same name.
Addresspiazza Mazzini - 42015 Correggio

Title Piazza San Quirino
DescriptionIt arose during second half of nineteenth century, upon a place previously occupied by a moat called "castello", and by gardens of the facing houses.
Addresspiazza San Quirino - 42015 Correggio

Title Piazza Padella/Via Munari
DescriptionPiazza Padella (Frying Pan Square) was so called by popular imagination, where the handle would be the longer street and the receptacle the small square itself.
Addressvia Munari - 42015 Correggio

Title Piazza Garibaldi
DescriptionUntil the 18th century it was called Piazza Grande (Big Square); in the following century, because of its function tied to the produce market, its name became Piazza delle Erbe (Vegetable Square).
Addresspiazza Giuseppe Garibaldi - 42015 Correggio

Title Jewish Cemetery
DescriptionThe Jewish cemetery was reconstructed in the latter half of the 20th century and is currently the object of an important restoration project.
Addressviale della Repubblica - 42015 Correggio

Title Former St. Sebastian Hospital
DescriptionOld town hospital of the infirm, which building was promoted in the 17th century by the confraternity of St. Sebastian.
Addressvia Marconi - 42015 Correggio

Title Statue dedicated to painter Antonio Allegri (called Il Correggio)
DescriptionWork made by sculptor Vincenzo Vela (1793-1871).
Addresspiazza San Quirino - 42015 Correggio

Title The Redeemer - Andrea Mantegna
DescriptionTempera on canvas, 55x43 cm 1493 - Signed and dated - Provenance: previously belonged to the Congregazione di Carità
Addresscorso Cavour, 7 - 42015 Correggio