SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in VILLA MINOZZO (RE)

Title Maggio Museum of Villa Minozzo
DescriptionThe Maggio Museum of Villa Minozzo was an idea of Lorenzo Fioroni, with the aim of creating a permanent documentation center of this particular tradition of dramatic representation typical of the Reggiano and Modenese Apennines.The preparation of the exhibit was curated by Natascia Zamboni in ...
AddressPiazza della Pace, 1 – Rocca del Comune di Villa Minozzo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Museum of rural civilization
DescriptionThe Museum, a treasure chest of rural culture of the mountains and hills of Reggio, is an important historic opportunity where concrete examples illustrate the sacrifices of the peasant world. The 1,200 tools on display are the cultural heritage of the museum which is housed in a rich and ...
AddressSan Bartolomeo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The church of Saint Peter in Cerrè Sologno
DescriptionThe territory that currently belongs to this parish was alternatively under the care of Piolo and Sologno. Afterwards, as a parish, it belonged to Carù. Before the visit of Pallavicini in 1456, a chapel in the Cantù territory was considered a church, it was dedicated to San Pietro. From 1475 ...
AddressVia XXIV Marzo, 4 - Cerrè Sologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Lorenzo at Febbio
DescriptionThe church of “Feblum” is nominated in 1240, but the name of the first rector is found only in the register of 1302. In 1426 the church, dedicated to San Lorenzo still appears united to Asta and in 1478 to Coriano. It’s first reconstruction from the foundations up dates back to about 1664. ...
AddressFebbio - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Martino at Sologno
DescriptionThe church of San Martino appears for the first time in 1456, even though, there was already a chapel before that. It is said that the antique parochial church, perhaps fallen into ruins due to a landslide, was about a half a kilometer away from the present one. In 1674 it was described as ...
AddressSologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The church of Saint James in Novellano
DescriptionThe church of San Giacomo appears in the register of Tithes at the beginning of the XIV century as daughter house of the Toano parish. In 1466 it was united to Morsiano, along with Romanoro up to 1606. Towards the middle of the XIX century the church was in bad condition and its ...
AddressNovellano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Lorenzo at Morsiano
DescriptionA document from 1302 names the church of San Lorenzo as being dependent on the Parish of Toano. In 1725 the church results as being built once again, not far from the previous one, which was swept away and destroyed by a landslide a few years earlier. The parochial church overlooks the ...
AddressMorsiano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Bartolomeo at Secchio
DescriptionThe church of San Bartolomeo appears in the Register of Tithes of 1302 amongst the churches dependent on the Parish of Minozzo. From the second half of the 16th century up to the middle of the 18th the church is united to the one of San Prospero of Costabona. In 1643, with a decree of the ...
AddressSecchio - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Cervarolo
DescriptionThe church, consecrated in 1618, is dedicated to Santissima Annunziata. A document from 1664 describes it as being in a bad state. The building, of high artistic prestige, is squared –planned with a vast smooth façade on which a finely sculpted sandstone portal surmounted by a worked stone ...
AddressVia Don Pigozzi, 1 - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Santo Stefano of Coriano
DescriptionThe church of Santo Stefano is nominated along with the one of Ripiola in the Register of Tithes of 1302 as daughter-house of the Minozzo Parish. In 1478 the parish was instead united to Febbio. In 1707 the church had a nave with three altars. The earthquake of 1920 seriously damaged the ...
AddressCoriano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Santo Matteo at Carniana
DescriptionThe San Matteo church appears in documents starting from 1462, year in which it was united with the Poiano church. In 543 it didn’t have a baptismal font and remained without one until orders were given from the Tridentino council. The lack of a baptismal font was probably due to the ...
AddressCarniana - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The church of Saint Joseph and Saint Leonardo abbot in Civago
DescriptionThe ancient Chiesa di San Leonardo was consecrated in 1191. The church was rebuilt in in the present location at the beginning of the 17th century and turned into parish in 1626. The church shows a tripartite face with the central body marked by two lateral pillars, which end with a pediment. ...
AddressCivago - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Saints Crisanto and Daria of Poiano
DescriptionThe “Ecclesia de Puglano in Castro” appears in a document of 1191. It appears to have been consecrated by Bishop Alberio around 1150. The church, dedicated to Saints Cipriano and Daria, is mentioned in the register of tithes of 1302 and 1318 as daughter-house of the Minozzo parish. Between ...
AddressPoiano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Marco at Gazzano
DescriptionThe church of San Marco is recalled in 1318 as daughter-house of Toano. In the XVII century it underwent various enlargements. Towards the middle of the XIX century the building was rebuilt from its foundations and at the end of the new restorations were underway. The present day ...
AddressGazzano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Sant' Andrea of Asta
DescriptionA chapel of “Aste”, or Valdaste, is mentioned in a document of 1240 but only in the Register of Tithes of 1302 and 1318 does the parish of the Sant’ Andrea church appear as daughter house of the Minozzo parish. Currently the place name refers to the church which rises isolated at the bottom ...
AddressAsta - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of Santa Margherita
DescriptionThe church of Santa Margherita appears in 1302 among those dependent on the Toano parish. The antique church was near Castelpercigolo and Bagni di Quara. Bishop Rangone consecrated the current church at the beginning of the XVII century. The church is liturgically oriented and shows traces ...
AddressGova - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Church of San Michele at Carù
DescriptionThere’s information regarding a hospital of San Venerio at “Campo Gamelascio”, founded at the beginning of the XII century, before the church. The hospital had an annexed chapel. Matilde di Canossa accepted the church and the hospital under her protection along with the properties of the ...
AddressCarù - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The church of San Prospero in Costabona
DescriptionBetween 1456 and 1462 the church was raised to the level of parish. San Prospero was united to Secchio to which it remained tied to for about 200 years, in 1643 it was definitively separated from the nearby church, with a decree and thus became an independent parish. The antique church, ...
AddressCostabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Edicola a Morsiano
DescriptionThe hamlet of Morsiano is characterized by various aediculas and majesties different in structure and year of construction. especially noteworthy is an 18th century aedicula which can be seen on the eastern side of the hamlet, two mullions border the entrance supporting a barrel arch on ...
AddressMorsiano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Governara
DescriptionThe hamlet is situated at the margins of the extreme western spurs of Mount Penna, facing a wide southern wall of Mount Torricella which dominates the southern part of the Asta valley. Numerous constructions retain the original stone slab surface roof extracted fro the nearby heights and the ...
AddressGovernara - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Asta
DescriptionA castle called “Montis Aste” is mentioned in 1164 in the diploma of the Emperor Federico, in which the estates of the Frassinoro monastery are confirmed. I the 18th century you could still see the ruins of the castle which have today completely disappeared. A chapel of “Aste”, or ...
AddressAsta - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Civago
DescriptionCivago, situated on the left banks of the Dolo torrent, rises near the antique medieval road, which through the Forbici Pass led to Tuscany. The antique church of S. Leonardo consecrated in 1191 even if the one visible today is the result of a construction from the beginning of the 17th ...
AddressCivago - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Morsiano
DescriptionThis important hamlet stretches over the eastern most spurs of Mt. Penna, not far from the riverbed of the Dolo torrent. The San Lorenzo church was mentioned in 1302 as belonging to the Toano parish. the hamlet is made up of 2 separate building centers having undifferentiated plans. The urban ...
AddressMorsiano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Corte rurale La Colombara di Cerrè Sologno
DescriptionThe portal has concave 15th century type corbels and bears on the architrave a Celtic rose with 6 petals. Numerous votive niches with brick cornices can be seen on the façade of the building enclosing votive images in full relief dating back to the 20th century. The place-name refers to a ...
AddressCerrè Sologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Cervarolo
DescriptionThe hamlet rises on the peak of a dividing ridge which encompasses a vast stretch of the Dolo torrent valley, near the Eastern Slopes of Mount Became. The antique origin of the settlement is proven by its being a part of the dominion of the Matilde di Canossa and subsequently the jurisdiction ...
AddressCervarolo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Portale a Costabona
DescriptionThe portal has a concave 15th century type corbels and bears on the architrave a six petal “Celtic rose”. Numerous votive niches with brick cornices appear on the façade of the houses enclosing votive images in relief attributable to the 19th century.
AddressCostabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Minozzo
Descriptionthe hamlet is situated on the left of the Prampola torrent. In the town you can see a wide portal with rounded arch and keystone with the year “17882 engraved. To the west of the cliff where there once was an antique fort, are a block of constructions distributed in a scaled fashion bearing ...
AddressMinozzo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Corte Rurale a Cervarolo
DescriptionAt the northern tip of the hamlet there’s a vast building complex made up of parts of united edifices, on the southern side a squared sandstone window is visible and it bears on the architrave the depiction of the solar cross in relief. On the eastern façade of the same complex you can see ...
AddressCervarolo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Corte rurale Cà Avogni a Gazzano
DescriptionThe place-name refers to a building of high architectural prestige consisting in parts of buildings erected in different periods. The western complex is significant and is characterized by a massive building probably of the 16th century, with a square plan with articulated access balcony. ...
AddressGazzano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Gazzano
DescriptionThe San Marco church is recalled in 1318 as a daughter house of Toano. Not far away there’s a praiseworthy 17th century oratory dedicated to Sant’ Antonio of Padua and characterized by a portico supported by circular section mullions. There’s a noteworthy icon depicting the crowned Madonna ...
AddressGazzano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Secchio
DescriptionThe church of San Bartolomeo appears in the Tithes of 1302 among the daughter houses of the Minozzo parish. In the building made up of different united construction units you can see architectural features of the XVIII century. among these, noteworthy is a wide squared carved sandstone portal ...
AddressSecchio - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Villa Minozzo
DescriptionVilla Minozzo is in the high Apennines, on the border of the Modena area and the Garfagnana, it falls within the dividing ridge of the Cusna and the valleys of the Dolo and the Secchia, and is crossed by the Secchiello torrent, a tributary of the Secchia river. The first mention of Villa ...
Address42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Carù
DescriptionWithin the hamlet you can see buildings dating back to the XVIII - XIX centuries which have kept their original architectural and environmental characteristics. On the lower border of the hamlet, where there’s a building in precarious conditions, you can see an 18th century style portal with ...
AddressCarù - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Cerrè Sologno
DescriptionThe church of S. Pietro has been recorded since 1456. Numerous operations of restoration and the natural characteristics of instability of the soil have influenced the antique architectural landscape, now limited to the wall surface of a few buildings. On the façade of a nearby construction ...
AddressCerrè Sologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Novellano
Descriptionthe church of San Giacomo is mentioned in the Register of tithes at the beginning of the 15th century as a daughter house of the Toano parish. According to tradition in the Villa there is a castle whose traces might be seen in antique wall structures to the south of the hamlet and still ...
AddressNovellano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Costabona
DescriptionThe inhabited center is divided into a series of buildings distributed in a scaled fashion towards the bottom of the valley. Not far from the parochial church there’s a 19th century type construction with a rounded arch and impost dados bearing in chiave an anthropomorphic wooden shutter and ...
AddressCostabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Sologno
DescriptionSologno was in ancient times a villa belonging to the Piolo Castle. Of the antique castle there are only a few walls remaining where there’s a rocky slope and which can be seen at the center of the hamlet. You will also notice a narrow underpass with lateral entrance which leads to the area ...
AddressSologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Gova
DescriptionThe rural nucleus has undergone great construction transformations with buildings generally dating back to the 19th century. In the area there are scattered buildings which have retained their original construction characteristics: rounded arch portals, keystones bearing the Bernardian ...
AddressGova - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Rural complex of Monte Costabona
DescriptionThe place name indicates a rural nucleus directly above the town of Costabona. The buildings are clustered around marly-aranaceous level ground and are distributed indifferently. The 18th century dwelling of the Fioroni family stands out; it incorporates structural features of different ...
AddressCostabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The mill of Gacciola a Carù
DescriptionThe rural nucleus is united to a 18th century mill in precarious state of conservation. There’s a wide spired ogival portal bearing the year “C.G.G.C. 1783”. Nearby there’s an oratory of 18th century origin, it too is in ruins, on the façade it has pilaster strip motif decorations. The mill ...
AddressCarù - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Balocchi houses in Asta
DescriptionThe hamlet, situated on the northern tip of Mt Cusna, has an undifferentiated type of urban layout, whose buildings have undergone heavy reconstruction. On the western edge you can see a block of buildings of 19th century style partially re-arranged that retain original architectural ...
AddressVilla Minozzo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The tower in Gova
DescriptionInformation regarding the Gova castle is quite scarce. It rose on a knoll to the west of the hamlet. Only a massive squared tower remains of the fort, it’s made of stone following the “opus quadratum” technique, with raised portal surmounted by an ashlar bearing a coat of arms, now ...
AddressGova - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title The fortress of Minozzo
DescriptionThe municipal coat of arms of Villa Minozzo depicts the antique fort of Minozzo of which only a few wall ruins and remains of a tower can be seen. The workmanship of the mortar and the almost exclusive use of lime cemented parallelepiped shaped stones, recalls constructions typical of the ...
AddressMinozzo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Tower of the Amorotto (castle of the Scalelle)
DescriptionThe real name of the Amorotto tower is the Tower of the Scalelle, which derives from the configuration of Mt Beccara on which it stands. The mount is quite similar to an enormous ladder made with multiple shelves. Various stories about assaults, ambushes, and vendettas regarding Domenico ...
AddressCivago - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Devil fountain
DescriptionYear of building: 1965 but it was restructured in 1992. Design engineer: Ero Paterlini Engineer Executor: the restructuring was made by Prati Servilio, a road supervisor, with his team. Features: it's formed by squared stones placed in files with a cover in monolithic stone on them; it ...
AddressRoad from Villa Minozzo to Costabona - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Humpbacked bridge
DescriptionNot far away from the Cadignano mill, on the river Dolo, there’s an interesting bridge with a donkey-back shape, attributable to the XVII-XVIII century. It’s the only one of its kind in the Reggiano Apennines. On the top of the bridge, in the center, you can see a 19th century majesty in a ...
AddressCadignano - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Campogrande fountain
DescriptionYear of building: 1989 Design engineer: Lucio Vignocchi and Antonio Maffei surveyors. Executors: Prati Serviglio road supervisor with his team. Features: the fountain is formed by two semicircular wings made of squared stone with, in the central higher part, a stone slab cover with arched ...
AddressFebbio - Riparotonda - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Ancient well at Morsiano
DescriptionOn the southern edge of the village you can see an antique well with an interesting structure: it has an ogival arch and corbels for the seat of the water containers. There are also votive niches with sacred images and a stone ashlar bearing the year 1889.
Address42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Well of Cà de Rossi in Morsiano
DescriptionOn the southern edge of the village you can see an antique well with an ogival arch and corbels for the seat of the water containers. You can see votive niches with sacred images and a stone ashlar bearing the year 1889.
AddressVilla Minozzo - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Memorial stone at the Forbici Pass
DescriptionTypology: Memorial stone
AddressForbici Pass - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title Monument to the fallen people - Cerre' sologno
DescriptionTypology: Stele
AddressCerrè Sologno - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)

Title War Memorial - Cervarolo
DescriptionWar Memorial - On the wall of the building n°22 in the square, there is a white marble gravestone with a carved epigraph.In the area surrounding the chapel there are two plates: the first made of white marble with a cross and an epigraph in relief, the second made of grey granit with the ...
AddressMartiri di Cervarolo Square - 42030 Villa Minozzo (RE)