SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in FANANO (MO)

Title OPEN AIR PARK-MUSEUM OF STONE SCULPTURE
DescriptionIt is a collection of public contemporary art of the Commune of Fannano, acquired during the Symposium of Stone Sculpture and now constitutes 213 works done in Fannano from 1983 to 1998 by artists from all over the world and is in the historical center of Fannano, in the nearby villages and in ...
AddressPiazza Corsini, 35 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title ENCLOSED CONVENT OF S. CHIARA
DescriptionIn the inside one can find prized paintings, such as the "Madonna e Santi" attributed to Mastelletta.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title CONVENT OF CAPUCHIN NUNS
DescriptionIt was built in the XVII century. In the inside one can find interesting artistic works.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title MADONNA DEL PONTE SANCTUARY
DescriptionIt was built by Ottonelli in 1650 near the bridge over Fellicarolo stream. It was reconstructed closer to the town, in the 20th century, by the fananesi emigrants to which is dedicated. In the inside one can find interesting artistic works.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. GIUSEPPE CHURCH
DescriptionThis church, belonging to the Scolopi Fathers school, was built in 1620 by Ottonello Ottonelli. Worth mentioning are the wooden altarpieces, a picture by Guercino and a XVIIth century organ. In the inside, N. Pedrocchi, an historian of Fanano, is buried. In the vestry, one can find XVIIth ...
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. SILVESTRO CHURCH
DescriptionThis temple was founded in the VIIIth century by S.Anselmo, a Benedectine monk, who here built a big monastery. It was considered the finest parish church in the late Romanesque style of Apennines. The cupola, the wooden ceiling, and the side-chapels were built in 1600, and the arrangement of ...
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. MICHELE PARISH CHURCH - Canevare
DescriptionIt was built in 1700 and restructured many times. In the inside, one can find prized works of local handicraft.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. PIETRO CHURCH - Fellicarolo
DescriptionIt was built in 1786 to replace the old parish church, which was destroyed by a lanslide. In the inside, one can find the old wooden choir of exquisite workmanship, made by local artists.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. MARGHERITA PARISH CHURCH - Lotta
DescriptionIt was completely built in 1724. In the inside, one can find prized church ornaments, furniture of local handicraft, and XVIIth century paintings.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. GIACOMO PARISH CHURCH - Ospitale
DescriptionIt was built in the XVI century over the ruins of the old hospice of Val di Lamola, founded by S. Anselmo. It is the last rest point before crossing the border with Tuscany. In its inside, one can see a prized Easter branched candlestick in bronze, dating back to the XVIth century.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. LORENZO PARISH CHURCH - Trentino
DescriptionIt was built at the end of the XVIth century. At its sides two chapels have been built. In its inside one can find prized alterpieces in wood.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. CHIARA CHURCH
DescriptionIt was built in the XVIth century, under the direction of Ottonello Ottonelli. It was rebuilt after the earthquake, that occured in 1920. In the inside, on the high-altar, one can find an altarpiece in polychrome wood and, on the side-walls, two altarpieces with pictures, dating back to the ...
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. COLOMBANO CHURCH
DescriptionMany scholars believe that it is the first Christian church of this area. It was built in the VIIth century, rebuilt in 1580, then knocked down by the wind and the storms. Later it was rebuilt by Ottonello Ottonelli. The last repairs, made by Battistini, date back to 1887.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. FRANCESCO CHURCH
DescriptionIt is located where once a Franciscan convent stood. It was built in 1600. The porch is from 1636 and supported by Ionic columns, surmounted by a sandstone cornice. The ornaments of the church can be ascribed to craftsmen from Fanano.
AddressVia S.Francesco - 41021 Fanano MO

Title S. GIUSTO PARISH CHURCH - Trignano
DescriptionIt is the typical country church.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title S. GIOVANNI DECOLLATO ORATORY
DescriptionIt belongs to the Neri Confraternity. In the inside one can find prized sacred furniture and works of art.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title SS. ROSARIO ORATORY
DescriptionIt was built in 1590 and belongs to the Confraternity of Turchini.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title SS. SACRAMENTO ORATORY
DescriptionIt was built in 1600. Of artistic interest is the chapel surrounded by monolithic columns. In the inside one can find the original furniture, dating back to the XVIIth century, and other interesting works of art.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. ANNA ORATORY - Lotta
DescriptionIt was built in 1603 as a tribute to a picture of Madonna, which was found undamaged despite the landslide, which destroyed the whole village. In the inside one can find prized paintings. At present it is under repair.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. CROCE ORATORY - Lotta
DescriptionIt was built in 1727 in a place, where it was found a picture of the Cross in a broken stone. Inside the oratory one can find prized decorations. Worth mentioning is also a rich collection of rustic devotional pictures and votive boards.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title S. ROCCO ORATORY - Trentino
DescriptionIt is located near the parish church. In the inside there is a wooden ancona dated 1710 and a picture with a prized frame in golden wood, dating back to XVIIth century.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title La Calvanella - Canevare
DescriptionLa Calvanella, a short way from La Palazza, is the very last house in the municipality of Fanano on the road that links the valley of Canevare with Pian del Falco, on the Sestola side of the mountain. Its location is similar to that of Ca Palazza – just off the road, on a panoramic plateau ...
AddressFanano

Title Cà di Ruggero (Ruggero's House) - Canevare
Description
AddressFanano

Title La Serretta - Canevare
Description
AddressFanano

Title I Ponti - Fanano
Description
AddressFanano

Title Cà Anselmi (Oratory of St Roch) - Fellicarolo
DescriptionCà Anselmi stands on the same parallel as the hamlet of Gagnana, on a natural terrace in the lower part of Fellicarolo, between two of the many mountain streams which run through this part of the land - the Risecco and the Sarte. There are a fair number of houses here, mainly converted into ...
AddressFanano

Title Cà Baroni - Fellicarolo
DescriptionCasa Baroni is the highest up of the large farm houses of Fellicarolo, affording sleeping views of the whole valley below. The structure of the farmhouse is typical of the area, composed of various buildings built in a line and covered by double-pitched roofing, including both the living ...
AddressFanano

Title Il Poggio - Fellicarolo
Description
AddressFanano

Title La Possione - Fellicarolo
Description
AddressFanano

Title Cimalotta - Lotta
Description
AddressFanano

Title Casa Ricò - Lotta
Description
AddressFanano

Title S. Croce del Sasso - Lotta
Description
AddressFanano

Title Le Ville di Sotto - Lotta
Description
AddressFanano

Title Cà Olimpia (Olimpia's House) - Ospitale
Description
AddressFanano

Title Cà Palai - Ospitale
Description
AddressFanano

Title La Sega - Ospitale
Description
AddressFanano

Title Castellaccia - Serrazzone
Description
AddressFanano

Title Monte Luzzo - Serrazzone
Description
AddressFanano

Title Pian della Farnia - Serrazzone
Description
AddressFanano

Title Val di Fredda - Serrazzone
Description
AddressFanano

Title Castellaro - Trentino
Description
AddressFanano

Title Guidotti House/Squire Antonio's House" - Trentino
Description
AddressFanano

Title Sasso - Trentino
Description
AddressFanano

Title I Filippini - Trignano
Description
AddressFanano

Title Poggiolino - Trignano
Description
AddressFanano

Title Le Teggie - Trignano
Description
AddressFanano

Title TOWN HALL
DescriptionIt was built in 1617 by Ottonelli, together with the Church of San Giuseppe. In 1810 it became the seat of the nowadays Municipality. It was the seat of Cloister - College of Padri Scolopi. The College worked until 1810; then it housed an annex section of "Facoltà di Giurisprudenza di Modena" ...
AddressP.zza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title COPPI PALACE
DescriptionIt was built in 1600 in front of Palazzo Monari. The influence of the Tuscan architecture is evident.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title LARDI PALACE
DescriptionIt was built in 1340 as seat of the Corps of Infantry. It accommodated Cosimo dè Medici and Papa Eugenio IV. There are traces of the Florentine architecture. The entrance portal is alongside of the XVII century Clock Tower.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title MONARI PALACE
DescriptionIt was built in 1510. Built with the local stones, it has the characteristics of the XVI century fananese architecture.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title SEVERI PALACE - Badiola
DescriptionIn was built around XVIII century. The ground floor has a defensive structure, which is typical of the XV century palaces.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title CIMA LOTTA PALACE - Lotta
DescriptionIt is situated on Lotta hamlet. The architecture reflects the scheme of a noble medieval closed - court residence.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title CLOCK TOWER
DescriptionIt was built in the XVII century next to Lardi Palace. The clock gear is still wound by hand.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title POGGIOLO TOWER
DescriptionIt was probably built in 1557 on the rise, bearing the same name, where the old castle of Fanano stood. In 1741, the tower was seriously damaged by an earthquake.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41020 Fanano MO

Title PIAZZA CORSINI FOUNTAIN
DescriptionIt is now situated in the centre of Corsini Square. The last restoration dates back to 1913. It was the most important point of water supply for the inhabitants in those years when public fountains were the only resource for the town.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title CORSINI SQUARE
DescriptionIt constitutes the center of the ancient built-up area, as town planning reference of the unification of the single villages. It is in shape of a triangle with a fountain in the center. On the paving a stone with an vague figure has been placed, a local tale tells that the stranger who trample ...
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title OTTONELLI SQUARE
DescriptionIt conserves two XV century cut off towers, ruins of the Fortress, which stood here, dominating the outstretched spur towards Leo Valley.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title Via Borghi
DescriptionLocated behind Palazzo Lardi, this is a characteristic working class area of the village of medieval origin. It is accessed through a sloping underground passage consisting of two archways standing to the right of the clock-tower, which once formed the old entrance into the village from the ...
AddressPiazza Marconi 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title Via Pedrocchi
DescriptionVia Pedrocchi is one of the oldest, most characteristic and evocative streets in Fanano. Two important palaces are situated on this street: Palazzo Monari and Palazzo Coppi, built around 1500-1600. The street is closed to traffic and links Piazza Vittoria with Piazza Corsini, where the fountain is.
AddressPiazza Marconi 1 - 41021 Fanano MO

Title WAR MEMORIAL
DescriptionIt is located in Vittoria Square. War memorial.
AddressPiazza Marconi, 1 - 41021 Fanano MO