SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in FRASSINORO (MO)

Title Don Luigi Pellegrini Provincial Ethnographical Museum
DescriptionAmong the most important collections of cultural material in Italy, the museum is housed within 14 historic rooms of the Hospice of Saint Pellegrino, a former refuge for travellers crossing the Apennines between Emilia and Tuscany, along the Via Romea or Via Bibulca and the eighteenth century ...
AddressVia Voltone, 14 - 55030 Frassinoro MO

Title MADONNA DELLA NEVE SANCTUARY - Pietravolta
DescriptionIt was constructed in 1642 and rebuilt in 1948 according to medieval architecture. The ashlar façade is characterized by arches placed on little columns. On the main door there is a high relief, portraying a "Madonna col Bambino". On the exterior the wood-architraves are held up by ...
Addressvia Madonna di Pietravolta - 41040 Frassinoro MO

Title SAN PELLEGRINO AND SAN BIANCO SANCTUARY - S. Pellegrino in Alpe
DescriptionIn the 7th century, on the border with Tuscany, was built a hospice for the travellers who , following Bulbica Street, crossed the Apennines. Afterwards the building got its name from its founder :S. Pellegrino. The sanctuary was rebuilt in stone in 1462. In the inside one can find three altars ...
AddressP.zza Santuario - Frassinoro MO

Title S. MARIA ASSUNTA AND S. CLAUDIO PARISH CHURCH - P.zza Abbadia
DescriptionIts construction began in 1585 by order of the last commendatory monk, the cardinal Alessandro Riario, who died in the same year in Rome. The church was built within the boundary of the old Benedectine abbey, dating back to 1071. The excavations made in the Thirties by the archpriest Don Fiori, ...
AddressPiazza Abbadia, 1 - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title S. LORENZO CHURCH - Cargedolo
DescriptionIt was built in 1861 on behalf of the Vanni family: It was widened in 1759 and it became the parish of Cargedolo: Over the portal built in 1865 there is a coat of arms with a lion and an eagle. The suburb was restructured more times but it still preserves a lot of architectural details dating ...
AddressFrassinoro

Title S. LUCIA CHURCH - Fontanaluccia
DescriptionIt was erected about in 1833 to replace the preceding church destroyed by a landslide. Valuable inside are some architectural details as the monumental temple ciborium.
AddressFrassinoro

Title NATIVITA' DI MARIA VERGINE CHURCH - Piandelagotti
DescriptionIt was remodelled in 1802, but it dates back to 1563. The façade shows a fine portal and next to it there is a beautiful bell tower. In the inside, one can find two XVIIth century altarpieces in polychrome golden wood with a painting.
AddressVia Centrale - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title SAN BIAGIO CHURCH - Riccovolto
DescriptionIt was built in 1563 and It was restructured in 1802. The façade has a beautiful portal and next to it you can find an interesting bell tower.
Addressvia statale - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title S. MICHELE ARCANGELO CHURCH - Sassatella
DescriptionIt was built at the end of the XVI century and rebuilt in1920: in the walls decorations of preceding epochs have been set. In the neighbourhood there are found methane sources, known in past centuries as " the fires of Sassatella"
AddressPiazza Miani, 16 - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title S. ANTONIO DA PADOVA ORATORY- Muschioso di Fontanaluccia
DescriptionThis oratory with rectangular plant and semicircular apse, bell tower built like a veil and a little circular window over the portal was built in the XVII cent. Over the altar you can find a wood-built altarpiece containing a seventeenth-century paint of the Bolognese school with S. Antonio.
AddressFrassinoro

Title S. GEMINIANO ORATORY- Prati di S. Geminiano di Piandelagotti
DescriptionIt was built in Via Bibulca, probably in the XII century. The present building dates back to 1632, but it was remodelled on various occasions. The main façade is characterized by a portal in sandstone ashlars and a four-foiled window. The oratory is placed side by side with a building, which ...
AddressPrati di S. Geminiano - 41046 Frassinoro MO

Title SANTA SCOLASTICA ORATORY- S. Scolastica di Romanoro
DescriptionIt dates back again to 1754 and it was built with harmonious architecture, so to make it one of the most beautiful of the valley. Inside, interesting works like a harvest of volitive tablets are preserved.
AddressVia Santa scolastica - 41040 Frassinoro MO

Title SAN PELLEGRINO ORATORY- I Boschi di Romanoro
DescriptionIt was built in the eighteenth century by the Pozzi family and entitled to S. Pellegrino. The façade is adorned with a quadripartite little window, built under the bell, in proximity of the height.
AddressPiazza Miani, 16 - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title CASE FARIOLI VILLAGE - Fontanaluccia
DescriptionWe have to signal a voltone with a common passage which is overlooked by eighteenth-century portals, particular nineteenth-century constructions, a barn with a porch with three arcades dating back to 1678 and the oratory dedicated to S. Maddalena.
AddressFrassinoro

Title ROVOLO VILLAGE - Rovolo
DescriptionThe suburb was built in the XIII-XIV century and it contains interesting architectural elements: it was so restructured to make unrecognizable the most typical elements of the local architecture. In 1625 a church dedicated to S. Prospero, with an only nave inside and two side apses was built. A ...
AddressFrassinoro

Title MERCATO VECCHIO MILL
DescriptionIt is a stone building with wooden floor systems. In the inside, one can find the wooden gears and the stone millstones. This mill was active till few years ago, and it is still well preserved.
Addressvia mercato vecchio - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title FANTE MILL- Piandelagotti
DescriptionThis XVII-XVIII century building preserves its original structure. The mill is no longer active.
Addressvia mulino del fante - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title Bibulca ancient road
DescriptionThis road was built during Middle Ages, to favour the boundary crossing, which from Emilia goes to Toscana. It was called Bibulca because it was so large that it allowed the passing of two yoked oxen. Some hospices were built, such as S. Geminiano one, as home and overseeing for the travelers, ...
AddressPiazza Miani, 16 - 41044 Frassinoro MO

Title Vandelli ancient road
DescriptionHistorical XVIII century road, which united Modena to Mass. It went through Frignano Mountains, crossing the Toscana boundary through San Pellegrino in Alpe, allowing the access to Apuan Alps and Garfagnana, then going towards Massa. for guided tours by mtb please contact: info@ciclonatura.it
AddressPiazza Miani, 16 - 41044 Frassinoro MO