SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in MONTESE (MO)

Title Montese Collection of Local Objects
DescriptionA visit to the seventeenth-century vicarage of the village of Iola takes you back in time, surrounded by the colours, scents and customs of the past. The museum recreates scenes of domestic life and traditional handcrafts from the Modenese mountains: there is the kitchen with large fireplace and ...
Addressvia Trebbo - 41055 Montese MO

Title Ex Icehouse Exhibition Rooms
DescriptionThe town’s former icehouse, which today houses exhibition spaces, is composed of a storage area measuring 5 metres in diametre and 4.5 metres in depth, covered by a cusped vault which reaches a height of over 9 metres. Completely underground, it is insulated from the outside by a brick-built ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Montese History Museum
DescriptionThe museum is housed within the evocative rooms of the Fortress of Montese. Through photos, documents and historical exhibits, the museum retraces the evolution over the centuries of man’s relationship with the land, describing the initial phases of human settlement, the rapport between man and ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St James - San Giacomo Maggiore
DescriptionThe sixteenth-century parish church, which dominates the whole hamlet from its elevated position, is dedicated to St James. It has a three-part façade and holds within its interior paintings depicting Saint Francis Borromeo, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary and Christ on ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St John the Baptist - Maserno
DescriptionThe Church dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, originally built in the XII century, is in the neoclassical style. In the apse, behind the altar, there is a painting depicting the Virgin Mary and St John the Baptist, attributed to Pellegrino Pellegrini. In the side chapels there are two wooden ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Mary Magdalene - Iola
DescriptionThe Church of St Mary Magdalene, built in 1630 and subjected to extensive restoration work following the end of the second world war, overlooks and embraces the centre of the village. Upon entering the church, one can admire the baptesimal font dating to 1733 and the Via Crucis by Giannino ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Martin - S. Martino
DescriptionThe inclined floor of the nave of St Martin’s Church creates a perspective illusion: the presbytery becomes a stage, with its decorated vault and image of God the Creator. In the apse there is an altarpiece depicting the saint; in the chapel on the right there is a crucifix dating to the XVIII ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Anthony of Padua - Bertocchi
DescriptionBuilt in 1743 in honour of St Anthony of Padua, the Church has a rectangular floor plan with smaller side wings, a two-pitched roof, a central nave with tunnel vault and bell tower integrated into the church.
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Parish Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary - Salto
DescriptionThe ancient parish church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary was destroyed during the second world war and, in its place, a new Church was built in 1951. The new church was built transversely compared to the original; it has three naves and is built to a linear, plain design.
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Pancras - Castelluccio
DescriptionThe Church, set on a hilltop just outside the centre of the village, was subject to extensive restoration work during the post war period. The imposing façade is prettified by a cornice, while the solid bell tower in ashlar stone dominates the landscape.
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Michael the Archangel
DescriptionThe Church of St Michael the Archangel houses some fine paintings: in the apse, the altarpiece of St Michael with Our Lady of Sorrows, St Pellegrino and St John the Baptist; and in the chapel on the left, Our Lady of Carmel with St Francis, St Carlo Borromeo, St Sebastian and St Roch. In the ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Parish Church of St George - Montalto
DescriptionDedicated to St George, the church was mentioned for the first time in 1291 and enlarged in the XVII century with the extension of the nave and the construction of the bell tower. The presbytery, characterized by an arcaded loggia with two columns, is topped by a dome placed above the main ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Parish Church of St Peter's and Paul's
DescriptionDedicated to St Peter and St Paul, the church was first mentioned in 1159 and rebuilt in its current form in the XVII century. It is entered via a monumental sandstone portal and is composed of three naves separated by columns made of tuff and enriched by fine capitals. The first chapel on the ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Church of St Laurence Montese
DescriptionThe Church of St Laurence, of which there are written records dating back to the XIII century, stands at the foot of the castle. The original bell tower, damaged during the second world war, was replaced by a new one in ashlar stone. The interior is characterized by an imposing and luminous ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Riva di Biscia Oratory - Maserno
DescriptionThe Riva oratory appears in the investiture of the Montecuccoli family of 1212. At the time, it was part of a castle - continuously subject to disputes and fighting - which was razed to the ground in 1532 by the duke’s army, following the rebellion of the people against the Montecuccoli and Este ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Monteforte Oratory - Maserno
DescriptionThe Oratory of Monteforte was part of a fortified hamlet of significant importance during the middle ages. Standing in a strategic position on one of the main communication routes between the territories of Bologna and Frignano, it was regularly disputed, attacked and occupied, until 1535 when ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Oratory of St Roch - San Giacomo Maggiore
DescriptionThe Oratory of St Roch, standing in a privileged position overlooking the valley, is composed of a central part with square floor plan and two asymmetrical side sections. The frescoes housed inside, dating to the XVI century, depict the Madonna and Child with St James, St Anthony of Egypt, Saint ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Baldiola Oratory - Bertocchi
DescriptionThe oratory, dedicated to Mary Help of Christians and dating to the XVII century, has an outer portico with a wide front entrance and two side entrances surmounted by segmental arches. On the façade, placed within a niche, there is a ceramic tile depicting the Madonna and Child. The interior ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO

Title Oratory of Our Lady of the Knoll - Montese
DescriptionThe oratory dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, of which there are written records dating back as far as 1629, is located near the centre of the village. The structure of the oratory was significantly modified following the extension of 1783 and it is now composed of two rectangular parts linked ...
Addressvia Panoramica 25 - 41055 Montese MO