SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in POLINAGO (MO)

Title Church of St Michael Archangel
DescriptionThe Church was built in Arola in 1955, to the design of the architect Bruni Bartolomeo. The apse is dominated by a large wooden crucifix, the work of the local sculptor Aristide Venturelli.
AddressCorso Roma n. 71 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Church of St Urban Pope - Brandola
DescriptionThe parish Church of Brandola is recorded in the Annals of Modena as far back as 1001. By then dilapidated, it was rebuilt in 1875 by Archpriest Don Angelo Boschetti and opened for worship in 1888. In 1892 it was provided with a valuable organ, the work of the Luigi Turrini company. In 1961 the ...
AddressCorso Roma n. 71 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Beata Vergine Assunta church
DescriptionMedieval building completely restructured in the XIII century
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title SS. Ippolitoand Cassiano Martiri church - Cassano
DescriptionThis medieval church has a sloping façade and a window with two lights above the main portal. It is flanked by a bell-tower with a raised entrance. The latter shows four windows with two lights and a monolithic arch, supported by little rectangular columns.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title S. Martino Vallata church- S. Martino Vallata
DescriptionMedieval church with bell tower
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title S. Anna oratory
DescriptionIt is a rare example of oratory with a circular basement, built in the XIX century and located on the provincial road leading to Pavullo. It is characterized by a roof in "piagne" and a moulding, placed under the groove, in which one can see eight small rectangular windows. The entrance, with ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title S. Croce oratory- Castello di Gombola
DescriptionThe oratory is set apart from S.Martino Church. It was built in the XVII century, but the apsis was added only at the end of the XIX century. It is characterized by a sloping façade, a roof overhang supported by large wooden corbels, and a monolithic oval placed on the top of the façade. ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Beata Vergine della Rondine oratory- S. Martino Vallata
DescriptionIn 1842 it was rebuilt on a rocky spur.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Oratory of Cinghianello - Cinghianello
DescriptionStanding alone, just outside the hamlet of Cinghianello, is the oratory dedicated to St Mary Child, built to a design by the architect Carlo Barbieri and inaugurated in 1898. The oratory was partially decorated by the painter Luigi Manzini who sadly died here, falling from scaffolding on 4th ...
AddressCorso Roma n. 71 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title 7th archeological site
DescriptionCasa Contardo Locality; Chronology: Iron Age; Finding of generic manufactures.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title 13th archeological site
DescriptionCasa Contardo Iron Age finding of generic manufactures
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Cinghianello
DescriptionThe houses are located through the crest and end with the bell tower and the oratory. The oratory has been reconstructed on XIX century with gothic style.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Colombara
Descriptionrural village where it is possible to admire an old farmer house and an oratory built in the XIII century consecrates to the Sacra Famiglia.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casa Marini
DescriptionThe residential compound is grouped round the XVIIIth century owner's house, characterized by a rectangular basement. Worth mentioning, in the building, are two towers with dovecotes, connected each other with a veranda. At present, only one of these towers remains. This compound includes ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casa Nogato
DescriptionIt is one of the finest example of rural architecture of the Apennines. The buildings are grouped around some yards, the most important of which is called "Bortolai". One enters it through a large round arch, which is circumscribed, at the bottom, by a wooden door and, in the vault, by iron ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Le Serre
DescriptionThe buildings are grouped around open and communicating yards. They all have roofs in piagne. A building, with rectangular basement, is characterized by an XVIIIth century round portal, with a panel.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casa Tuccio
DescriptionOne enters the house through a large arch in sandstone. Worth mentioning is the XIXth century nobiliary palace, built by order of the Lardi family. At the foot of the palace, there are the servants' buildings, that is a XVIIth century house with dovecot.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Cà di Messere Polo - Brandola
DescriptionThe owner's house presents a large wooden balcony and other architectural features, which are typical of the XVIIIth century. Worth mentioning is a XVIth century trilitico porch, whose architrave is engraved with the symbol of the diamond, on the initiative of the Este family. Outside the ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Cà del Ghiddo - Gombola
DescriptionWorth mentioning is a big XVIII-XIXth century building with a tower, dating back to the XVIIth century. The owner's house has a rectangular basement with two elevated entrances. Of architectural interest are the windows. The tower has three three-light windows, placed in the dovecot, and a ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casa Lancellotti- Gombola
DescriptionThis rural compound with yard presents, in the servants's building, a large porch with three arches. The XIXth century owner's house has two elevated entrances. A small mill is part of this village, too.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Cà Nova- Gombola
DescriptionThis XVIIIth century rural compound is formed by various buildings, grouped round a big yard with an XVIIIth century three story-house with tower. On the top of the roof, one can notice the traditional cippus.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casa Carloni - S. Martino Vallata
DescriptionIt is a rural compound, including a ring-yard with a XIXth century owner's house, various servants' buildings and an oratory. The owner's house has two entrances, one of which is elevated. On the West side of the building, there is a semicircular overhang with two small paired round windows. ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Casaa Marchetti - Brandola
DescriptionIt is a XIXth century owner's house, located on a small knoll, with a square basement and elevated entrances. On the facades, some big angular squared ashlars in sandstone stand out, forming an ornamental motif.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title CASA TUCCIO WATER MILL
DescriptionIt is located through the stream Rossenna. The access portal to the millstones place is dated 1873, and is overhanged by a devotional niche gravened with floral draws in the arc.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title CASA LANCELLOTTI WATER MILL- Gombola
DescriptionIt is called "Turrino watermill" and is a part of the village.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title BRIDGE WATER MILL
DescriptionAncient mill not used.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title FIOCCHI VILLA - Brandola
DescriptionIt is located in Via Cerrato, near Brandola. It is an XVIII century palace with an attached farm. It presents a rectangular basement and a raised entrance.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title TALBIGNANO PALACE- Cassano
DescriptionIt is a medieval fortress composed by different buildings one can enter through an underpass, which is characterized by an arch with sandstone ashlars.
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Gombola Castle
DescriptionGombola Castle is a medieval fortification comprising several buildings accessed by an archway made of sandstone ashlar. The castle hamlet, consisting of the Podesteria (the Residence of the Podestà), the church, the bell tower - built out of one of the castle towers - and a handful of houses, ...
AddressCorso Roma n. 71 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title BRANDOLA CASTLE- Brandola
DescriptionWorth mentioning is the XVI century building of Podesteria, that is, at present, under restoration. Its main round portal is depressed and presents big ashlars in sandstone. It is closed by an imposing studded door. The church, dedicated to S. Michele, is neglected. In the neighborhood, one ...
AddressVia Roma, 64 - 41040 Polinago MO

Title Bridges
Description
AddressVia Roma, 64 - Polinago MO