SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in CASTEL DEL RIO (BO)

Title Museo della Guerra e del Castagno
DescriptionBoth museums are situated in the rooms of Alidosi Palace, built in 1542 and designed by Francesco da Sangallo.
AddressPiazza della Repubblica, 96 - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Oratorio Beata Vergine del Sudore
DescriptionThe Madonna del Sudore was first worshipped in Ravenna in very ancient times.The legend goes that a sacred image of the Madonna was housed in the niche of a tavern.
AddressPiazza della Repubblica - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Chiesa di Valmaggiore
DescriptionThe Church of Valmaggiore (from Latin "Vallum Major") was built around the year 1000.
Addressvia Monte Battaglia - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Church of San Giovanni Battista - Belvedere
DescriptionNel 1850 la chiesa venne ampliata e trasformata mentre nel 1916 venne costruita una nuova canonica.
AddressVia Belvedere, loc. Belvedere - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Sant'Ambrogio Vescovo parish church
DescriptionThe earliest news concerning the church dates back to 1078. The current building was probably erected in 1555 on the initiative of Nicholas and Rizzardo Alidosi to replace the old church that had become too small.
AddressPiazza della Repubblica - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Palazzo Alidosi
DescriptionIt is an example of military architecture dating back to the 16th century. According to some historians, Francesco da Sangallo, nephew of Antonio da Sangallo the Young, designed it.
AddressPiazza della Repubblica, 96 - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)

Title Ponte Alidosi
DescriptionThe Alidosi Bridge over the Santerno River was built in 1499 by Andrea Gurrieri from Imola on Obizzo Alidosi's order
AddressVia Ponte Alidosi - 40022 Castel del Rio (BO)