SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in GRANAGLIONE (BO)

Title Sanctuary of the Madonna di Calvigi
DescriptionThe sanctuary lies on a rocky mountain which overlooks the valley of the river Reno. The architecture of the church is modern because it was mainly rebuilt in neoclassical style during the beginning of the XX century, using local plastered stone. Rather than for the architecture, the sanctuary ...
Addresslocalità Calvigi - 40030 Granaglione BO

Title Church of San Lorenzo Martire
DescriptionThe parish church is in the upper part of the village; it is dedicated to San Lorenzo Martire and mentioned since the XIV century. In 1707 it was rebuilt and then it was restored in 1962. The interior houses a valuable carved stone altar with a bas-relief depicting a cross and the saints Lorenzo ...
AddressVia Chiesa - 40030 Granaglione BO

Title Parish of the saints Pietro, Procolo and Giovanni Battista
DescriptionJust outside the village lies the ancient parish named after the saints Procolo and Giovanni Battista; in the past the church was also called "Succida". It is first mentioned around 1020, but it is possibly much older (perhaps V-VI century); it was a very important religious centre, ruling over ...
AddressVia Pieve, 263 - 40030 Granaglione BO

Title Church of San Nicolo'
DescriptionThe original church was Medieval but it was rebuilt in the XVIII century; the bell towne dates back to the XIX century; the interior still has some remains of the original features, such as some of the portico columns. The façade is very simple and the interior has a sober style; the church ...
AddressGranaglione

Title Church of the Beata Vergine del Rosario
DescriptionThis modern church was built in 1965. Until that date, indeed, the village of Molino del Pallone belonged to the parish of Boschi; in order to make religious services more accessible for the locals, the priest decided to build the oratory and named it after the Blessed Virgin of the Rosary. The ...
Addresslocalità Molino del Pallone, 120 - 40030 Granaglione BO

Title Mulino di Randaragna - mill
DescriptionThe mill of Randaragna is located in the homonymous village, about 2km from Molino nel Pallone and Granaglione, where the brook Randaragna meets the river Reno. This is a traditional mill with a horizontal wheel and operated with water from the river. It is now run by the local chestnuts ...
AddressFraz. Molino Del Pallone - 40030 Granaglione BO

Title Monument for the war dead
DescriptionThe monument celebrates the war dead that perished during the partisan resistance, in the area between Tuscany and Emilia; it was created by 17 municipalities from both regions and was inaugurated on April the 25th 1974. The monument was created by the sculptor Vincenzo Gaetaniello and by the ...
Addresslocalità Biagioni - 40030 Granaglione BO