SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in GRIZZANA MORANDI (BO)

Title Centro di Documentazione Giorgio Morandi
DescriptionThe Centre is composed of three buildings: the house-museum "Giorgio Morandi", the library and the donation of 22 oils and 4 etchings by Norma Mascellani, a student of Giorgio Morandi.
AddressCampiario, 112/c - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Consolazione
DescriptionThe church was built in the XIII century on the ruins of a temple, possibly pagan, which had been donated by the bishop Adalfredo to the monks of the church of San Pietro in Bologna; the old temple had been destroyed in 1240 by the anti-papal army supported by Federico II. The current building ...
AddressFraz. Vimignano - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Parish of San Michele Arcangelo
DescriptionThe parsonage houses a display of sacred art which is possible to visit upon reservation.
AddressVia Roma, 74 - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Parish of Santa Giustina
DescriptionThe church of Santa Giustina dates back to the XIV century but the current building was erected between 1873 and 1880. It houses a precious altarpiece depicting the Saints Giustina, Carlo Borromeo and Antonio from Padova.
AddressFraz. Pian Di Setta - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Church of San Lorenzo Martire
DescriptionThe church houses a painting by the school of Francesco Albani depicting the saints Lorenzo, Giovanni, Battista and Stefano. The bell tower dates back to the early XVI century and has early Romanic capitals that probably belonged to the early building.
AddressFraz. Vimignano - Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Church of San Savino
Description
AddressFraz. Monteacuto Ragazza - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Church of San Sebastiano
DescriptionThe parsonage hosts the local sacred art museum.
AddressFraz. Tudiano - Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Church of San Michele and San Pietro
Description
AddressFraz. Salvaro - Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Church of San Giovanni Battista
DescriptionThe church used to house a precious Madonna with child ascribed to Lippo di Dalmasio, one of the most important XIV century Bolognese artists and a pupil of Lorenzo Monaco; the artist Giorgio Morandi came here to observe it carefully but nowadays the painting is in the collection of the ...
AddressFraz. Tavernola - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Oratory of Tudiano
DescriptionThe oratory has a small XII century bell tower with a bell gable; the interior features an interesting XV century fresco depicting the Madonna with child. The building is a rare example of surviving Romanic style with a small rectangular apse, although the square window above the main door was ...
AddressFraz. Tudiano - Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Oratory of Santa Caterina d'Alessandria
DescriptionIt probably dates back to the XIII century; the oratory could perhaps be an imitation of the sanctuary of the Mount Sinai. The interior has two bays and cross vaults; it is decorated with XV century frescos made by an unknown artist and depicting Saint Caterina, the Crucifixion, the Last ...
AddressFraz. Vimignano - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title Monument to the stone-cutters
Description
AddressPiazza campolo - 40040 Grizzana Morandi BO

Title La Scola
DescriptionLa Scòla includes a series of XV and XVI century fortified houses, which are linked to each other by arches. The style of some of these buildings is quite refined. On the eastern entrance to the village lies the niche of San Rocco, which was built in the XV century to celebrate the crucifix. The ...
AddressLa Scòla - 40030 Grizzana Morandi BO