SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in MEDICINA (BO)

Title Church of S. Maria della Salute
DescriptionThe Church of S.Maria della Salute dates back to the 12th - 14th century.
AddressVia Cavallotti - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title S. Maria parish church in Villa Fontana
DescriptionThe parish church in Villa Fontana is in the center of the hamlet, in the main square.
AddressVia Dalla Valle, 15 Loc. Villafontana - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. Michele Arcangelo di Ganzanigo
DescriptionThe Church of S.Michele dates back to the Middle Age, but it has been rebuilt in the 20th century.
AddressVia Bottrigara,5 Loc. Ganzanigo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. S. Trinità in Fiorentina
DescriptionThe church has changed several locations during the centuries.
AddressVia Fiorentina, 4996 Loc. Fiorentina - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Carmine's church
DescriptionTo the will of the Carmelite Fathers, architect Giuseppe Antonio Torri built the church starting from 1696.
AddressVia Libertà - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title S. Antonio hamlet's Parish Church
DescriptionThe church was built in the 18th century along the bank of Quaderna river and it was used as an oratory.
AddressVia Fabbri, 1326 Loc. S.Antonio - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. Maria del Suffragio
DescriptionThe church date back to the 17th century and it has been rebuilt at the beginning of the 18th century.
AddressVia Libertà - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. Mamante
DescriptionThe current building is the result of a whole reconstruction of the ancient church of the 14th century.
AddressP.zza Garibaldi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title S. Croce Parish church in Portonovo
DescriptionThe church of Portonovo dates back to 1730, and it was designed by Torreggiani.
AddressVia Portonovo, 356 Loc. Portonovo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. Maria di Buda
DescriptionThe church dates back to the VIII - IX century and it was the seat of the Parish church of the whole area until the XI century.
AddressVia Buda, Loc. Buda - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of S. Martino
DescriptionThe church is in S.Martino and it dates back to the Middle Age, but it underwent several restorations, including a whole reconstruction in 1875.
AddressVia Medesano, Loc. S.Martino - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of the Assumption
DescriptionTHe church was designed by Torreggiani in 1748, and it was built in the following years thanks to the Confraternity of the Assumption.
AddressP.zza A.Costa - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Church of the Observance
DescriptionThe Church of the Observance of St. Francis and Ann dates back to 1731 and was part of the convent complex of the Minor Friars or Observant Friars.
AddressVia Saffi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Oratory of Madonna del Carmine di Muzzaniga
DescriptionThe oratory is placed in Muzzaniga and dates back to 1700.
AddressVia Muzzaniga - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Oratory of S. Lucia nearby Vallona estate
DescriptionThe oratory has been buitl in 1933 on the basement of Partecipanza building in villa Fontana.
AddressVia S.Antonio - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Pilasters in Villa Fontana
DescriptionThe small pilastres are located in the hamlet of Villa Fontana at the beginning of Via Pilastrino which takes its name from them.
AddressVia Pilastrino - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Chamber of Labour
DescriptionThe builidng dates back to 1948 and it houses the trade-union headquarters.
AddressVia Saffi, 4 - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title House of the People
DescriptionThe building dates back to 1948-50.
AddressVia S. Vitale ovest, 2857 - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Carabinieri station
DescriptionThe building dates back to the '30s of the twentieth century and was built as Fascist House, which later became the People's House, then in the '40s it became the seat and the station of Carabinieri.
AddressVia Saffi, 97 - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Villa Coralupi Calza countryhouse
DescriptionThis farmhouse rises near Villa Coralupi Calza, restored in the middle of the 18th century.
AddressVia S.Paolo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Generali farmhouse in Portonovo
DescriptionGenerali farmhouses are in the hamlet of Portonovo.
AddressVia di Portonuovo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Old mill
DescriptionMolino Vecchio is an out of use water mill dating back to the 14th century and rises on Medicina's Canal.
AddressVia L.Fava - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Villa Modoni Gennari
DescriptionThe villa was built for the family Modoni, at the end of the eighteenth century, is one of the few examples of the Palladian villa, with central body and two lateral sides, designed by architect Angelo Venturoli.
AddressVia S.Paolo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Villa Albergati
DescriptionVilla Albergati is placed on via Canale, just out of Medicina.
AddressVia Canale - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Farmhouse of Villa Coralupi Calza
DescriptionThis farmhouse rises near Villa Coralupi Calza, restored in the middle of the 18th century.
AddressVia S.Paolo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Palazzo Prandi, former Zagnoni Hercolani
DescriptionIt was built at the end of the 18th century by the Hercolani Zagnoni family who later on sold it to the Prandi familiy from Medicina.
AddressVia Libertà - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Donati's house, now Dall'Olio
DescriptionIt is one of the most characteristic buildings of Medicina. Donati's house (now Dall'Olio) is located at the beginning of the arcades of Via Libertà.
AddressVia Libertà - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Small tower of via Pillio
DescriptionThis small tower rises in the middle of a 19th century building located just in front of Palazzo della Comunità along Via Pillo which runs parallel to Via Libertà, Medicina's main road.
AddressVia Pillio - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Bell tower of Villa Fontana
DescriptionThe bell tower is annexed to the Parish Church of St. Mary of Villa Fontana.
AddressVia dalla Valle, loc. Villa Fontana - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Town clock tower
DescriptionThe tower is part of the ancient Palazzo del Podestà (the mayor's residence), restored in the 19th century.
AddressVia Libertà, 40059- Medicina (BO)

Title Parish bell tower
DescriptionThe bell tower of the archpriest church of St. Mamante rises in Piazza Garibaldi (Medicina's main square) nearby but not annexed to the church.
AddressPiazza Garibaldi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Bell tower and Church of Our Lady of Assumption
DescriptionThe magnificent Church of Our Lady of the Assumption rises in Piazza A. Costa, at the end of Via Libertà.
AddressPiazza Andrea Costa - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Bell tower of Ganzanigo
DescriptionThe bell tower of Ganzanigo is the only architectonic structure belonging to the medieval abbey of St. Michael.
AddressVia Ganzanigo, Loc. Ganzanigo - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Dolphins fountain
DescriptionOriginally the fountain was built in the main square of Medicina.
AddressP.zza Cuppini - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Piazza Garibaldi's fountain
DescriptionAt the center of Piazza Garibaldi there is a two taps fountain, once supplied by an artesian well.
AddressPiazza Garibaldi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Piazza Andrea Costa
DescriptionIl piazzale antistante la chiesa dell'Assunta, al termine della Via Libertà, fino a tutto il sec. XVIII si trovava esterno alla parte di Levante, ora è la conclusione e l'allargamento della via Libertà.
AddressPiazza Andrea Costa - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Porticone, the arcade of Borgo Maggiore
DescriptionThe "Porticone" is a brick arcade located on the eastern side of Via Saffi, southward.
AddressVia Saffi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Piazza Garibaldi
DescriptionThe present square is the result of a town-planning intervention carried out at the end of the 18th century.
AddressPiazza Garibaldi - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Twin cities park - Giardini delle Città Gemelle
DescriptionThese public gardens cover an area stretching from Viale Oberdan to Viale Gramsci, near the old city centre.
AddressVia Oberdan - 40059 Medicina (BO)

Title Villa Pasi park
DescriptionIl parco è noto anche come "Parco delle mondine".
AddressVia dell'Osservanza - 40059 Medicina (BO)