SAELA

Saela.eu NON utilizza cookie proprietari (v. informativa)

Places in historical and artistic value in COTIGNOLA (RA)

Title MUSEO ARTISTICO VAROLI - VAROLI ART MUSEUM
DescriptionThe art museum named after Luigi Varoli has four sections: one is the art scholl "Scuola Arte e Mestieri", the second is Varoli's house "Casa Varoli", the third Arialdo Magnani's house Varoli's pupil and the last part is located inside Palazzo Sforza. The museum is dedicated to the local artist...
AddressCorso Sforza, 21 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA DELLA MADONNA DI GENOVA (formerly MADONNA DELLA PILLA)
DescriptionThe original church dates back to XVI century. It was almost completely destroyed during the Second World War and only ruins of it still remain. Evidence of the former building are the right wall, left untouched, and the pretty Renaissance facade....
AddressVia Madonna di Genova - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA DI SAN FRANCESCO
DescriptionThe church, built in Gothic Roman style, was built in the decade 1484-1494 following the Papal bull dated June the 6th 1484. The consecration is dated 1495....
AddressVia San Francesco, 15 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title PIEVE ROMANICA DI BARBIANO
DescriptionThis ancient parish church presents the typical local romanic structure. Today the ancient church of Barbiano can be admired thanks to an important and succesfull restoration of the outside structure....
AddressVia Antica Pieve, 9 - 48010 Barbiano di Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA COLLEGIATA DI S. STEFANO PROTOMARTIRE
DescriptionThe church was built in 1376 and hosts an altar piece of the Veronese painter Felice Torelli (1666-1748), a painting of the bolognese school of the Carracci and a precious tombstone carried out in the XVI century by Pietro Barilotto from Faenza....
AddressCorso Sforza, 64 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA DI SAN SEVERO
DescriptionThe style and the structure of the present building were designed by the imolese architect Cosimo Morelli, at whom is assigned the third rebuilt of the church carried out in 1789. During 1946 it was necessary to restore and partially rebuilt the church in the original Romanesque style because of...
AddressVia Madrane, 16 - 48010 San Severo di Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA CATTOLICA PARROCCHIALE DI S.STEFANO PROTOMARTIRE
DescriptionThis church has a neoclassical style and it was built in 1792 on the design of the architect Cosimo Morelli....
AddressVia Antica Pieve, 9 - 48010 Barbiano di Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA CATTOLICA PARROCCHIALE NATIVITA' DI MARIA VERGINE
DescriptionThis church was built in Neoclassical style. Budrio's church owns an important reliquary with pieces belonging to several saints. Each of those holy relics has an official document stating its autenticity and released by the Church....
AddressVia Budrio, 1 - 48010 Budrio di Cotignola (RA)

Title CHIESA DEL PIO SUFFRAGIO
DescriptionDuring World War II the church was heavily damaged: the bell tower was completely destroyed; only the facade and side walls were left. Church is dedicated to all the people of the territory of Cotignola who died in wars....
AddressCorso Sforza, 27 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title ORATORIO ROSSINI
DescriptionRossini is the chapel of one of the most ancient Cotignola noble familiy. The famous composer Gioacchino Rossini comes from this family....
Addressvia Barbiana - 48010 Cassanigo di Cotignola (RA)

Title CAPPELLA DEGLI SFORZA
DescriptionOn the front side of the church of San Francesco, the Sforza chapel is connected to the main building with a nice arcade....
AddressVia San Francesco, 15 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title PALAZZO SFORZA
DescriptionAncient palace belonging to Sforza family. The palace was rebuilt in 1961 according to the original design....
AddressCorso Sforza, 21 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title PALAZZO FABIO TARLAZZI
DescriptionThis is the old palace of the family of Fabio Tarlazzi, founder of the charity 'Opera Pia Tarlazzi'. The building is now used to host exhibitions; it features original painted wooden ceilings, decorated walls and important historical documents and objects (XV and XVI century), which were found...
AddressCorso Sforza, 48 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title TORRE D'ACUTO
DescriptionHawkwood tower was built in 1376 by Sir John Hawkwood, famous English captain of a mercenary company, whose name in Italian had become Giovanni Acuto....
AddressCorso Sforza, 24 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)

Title LA STELE DEI VARII
DescriptionThe "Caio Vario" funeral stele was found in 1817 nearby Cotignola....
AddressCorso Sforza, 21 - 48010 Cotignola (RA)